The second part of Adelaide public hearings are being held from the 19th to 22nd of February Commonwealth Law Court Building.
The public hearing will inquire into:
- the concerns of advocacy bodies relating to the current state of the aged care system
- the clinical issues affecting elderly people and general challenges that arise in meeting clinical needs
- the concerns and view of medical and nursing professional bodies relating to the current state of the aged care system
- demographic information relating to the provision of aged care services
- the perspectives of government and regulators as to the state of the aged care system
- the perspectives of workforce representative bodies as to the state of the aged care system
- experiences of people receiving services in the aged care system or their family members.
Members of the public and those with an interest in the enquiry are welcome and encouraged to attend, you can find out more here.
The Royal Commission are still taking public submissions until the end of June 2019. Submissions can be made for yourself or on behalf of someone else - to make a submission or find out more, visit the Royal Commission website.